Thursday, March 25, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 68 Chateau Montelena

Blog 68 Chateau Montelena





Chateau Montelena Winery is famous for winning the Judgment of Paris Tasting in 1976 with their 1973 Chardonnay. One of my favorite wine movies is Bottleshock, which tells the story of Jim and Bo Barrett. Be sure to watch it, you will like it.



The winery and property at Chateau Montelena are incredible. The building is beautiful and yes, it is the one that they used in the movie. Some of the filming took place on the property located in Calistoga, California in North Napa Valley.





The tasting rooms were crowded. I made my way to the library room and tried some wines there without feeling crowded. If I would have had to try their wines in the regular room, it would have been difficult with their popularity.



They also poured me a 1991 Calistoga Cuvee but no 1973 Chardonnay. However, they did keep a bottle of the famous wine under glass that they showed on display with all of the correspondence in a book from the Paris Tasting.





My favorite wines there were the 2007 Chardonnay Napa Valley at $50.00 and their 2006Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley at $45.00.

Tell me what you think! I want to hear from you! Give me your thoughts!
Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment