Monday, February 15, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 32 How can you drink a Cabernet Sauvignon for breakfast?


32. How can you drink a Cabernet Sauvignon for breakfast?

It was Valentine’s Day and I posted a blog online asking others to blog about what they would be drinking on Valentine’s Day and what would be their beverage of choice. It made me think of what I was going to have. The typical Pink Champagne, which would be perfect for the celebration, or was I going to drink something else? Remember, this was for breakfast. Ryan was taking me and the children to a club in Tampa, Florida called “The Tampa Club”. It sits 42 stories high in our city’s largest building with a breathtaking view of the city and two of our island communities.



They go out of their way to make an experience that you will never forget. They called their breakfast, St. Valentine’s Day “Breakfast @ Brennan’s” which takes place from 10am – 2pm. My meal consisted of:

Starter
Warm Bourbon Baked Apple with Cinnamon Double Cream

Salad
French Quarter Salad with Cinnamon Toasted Pecans, Fresh Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, Blueberries & Cracked Black Peppercorn Vinaigrette

Entrée
Steak Au Poivre (Classically prepared with Cracked Black Peppercorns, Brandy and Crème)



Desserts & Diablos



Chocolate Fondue (with a Chocolate Fountain)
Crème Brulee
Bananas Foster
Café Diablo (Coffee with Gran Marnier and an Orange Wedge)



What did we drink?

Ryan had a nice big bountiful California Cabernet Sauvignon from Kunde. I had a medium-bodied, toasty, berrytastic South African 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon from Robertson Winery. It went perfect with our meals. Check out our pictures of our very special day. So when you ask me, how can you drink a Cabernet Sauvignon for breakfast? I say, very easily!



Tell me your thoughts, make them funny, keep them nice and educate me.
Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment