Saturday, April 10, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 73 La Crema, Healdsburg, California


Blog 73 La Crema, Healdsburg, California

I was staying at the Napa Valley Marriot and they offered a free bottle of wine and two free tastings at La Crema. Although the drive was about an hour or so away, I was already in the area and I decided to use my free tasting coupon.

The La Crema tasting room is in the Downtown Healdsburg area. The location is great! It is within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and other tasting rooms.
I picked out my free bottle. I was able to choose which wine I wanted for free and opted for their 2007 La Crema Chardonnay. They had a Pinot Noir that I liked too. The La Crema tasting room contains wines that are only found at their tasting room and with their wine club.

La Crema had something different. Their tasting takes place using stemless glasses. I prefer a stem to my glass, but I enjoyed being able to taste while having some fun. A member of the La Crema wine club was taking advantage of his free tasting. He started spinning his glass on its side with wine in it and the wine was not falling out of the glass. You can’t do that with normal wine glasses. I finished my tasting and was off to my next venture.



Tell me what you think! I want to hear from you! Give me your thoughts!

Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment