Saturday, April 10, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 77 Clos Du Bois Geyserville, California


Blog 77 Clos Du Bois Geyserville, California

Clos Du Bois is located in Geyserville, California on a luscious property with a great gift shop and picnic grounds. The tasting room is large and has plenty of room to feel comfortable. I suggest bringing some food and having a picnic outside to take in the beauty of the vineyards and mountains. Geyserville is off the beaten path but has many wineries worth visiting.





What did I like? The 2006 Old Vine Carignane from Alexander Valley. The grapes come from 85 year old vines with a varietal composition of 81% Carignane and 19% Zinfandel. Only 400 cases were made. The Carignane comes from the Pastori Vineyard with fruity aromas of blueberry and strawberry with peppery nuances. I found the wine to be full, tight, and juicy with chocolaty and boysenberry flavors. It retailed for $30.00.



I was running out of room in my suitcase and after my shopping spree in the Clos Du Bois gift shop, I had to purchase a separate box to send my stuff back in.



Tell me what you think! I want to hear from you! Give me your thoughts!

Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment