Saturday, April 10, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 76 Stephen & Walker, Healdsburg, California


Blog 76 Stephen & Walker, Healdsburg, California

A small artisanal family owned winery located in Healdsburg, California. Limited production wines with grapes harvested from Dry Creek Valley, Howell Mountain, and Russian River Valley.

My favorite was the 2005 Zinfandel from Dry Creek Valley with 650 cases produced at a price of $36.00. This wine has won 7 Gold Medals and received 90 points from Wine Enthusiast.



I also liked the 2004 Portentous with only 100 cases produced at $65.00. Portentous is a late bottled vintage “port”. The grapes are from mountain vineyards in Mendocino and Napa Counties. Portentous was aged for four years in barrels prior to bottling. Flavors of blackberry, cassis and blueberries with chocolaty notes. I had to take some of this home!



Tell me what you think! I want to hear from you! Give me your thoughts!

Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment