Saturday, April 10, 2010

100 Wine Blogs, 100 Days Blog 78 Why do you like wine?


Blog 78 Why do you like wine?

Do you drink wine on a daily basis? What makes you like wine? Is it the defining characteristics of one particular type or style of wine or do you like to have a variety of choices that coincide with what you are doing or what you are eating? I thought about all of these questions and wondered how wine became a part of life. What makes wine drinkers think that someone cannot be a beer drinker too?

I do not drink wine on a daily basis or beer. I love wine but I also like beer and have partaken in beer tastings and even beer making. I do not drink any other spirits. It seems that because there are many varieties to choose from among beer and wine, I enjoy both. I feel that wine can be formal and informal and at the same time, I think that beer can also go well with many meals and it is great to have at sporting events.

Wine to me, does not work well at sporting events, unless they let me drink out of a glass. I do not like drinking out of plastic cups when I drink my wine. I also do not like “cheap” wine. “I will take the house Chardonnay” does not work for me. What is the house Chardonnay? Is it good? I want a quality wine. It doesn’t have to be expensive to be good. It just has to be good. However, with beer, you can have a Budweiser anytime, as long as it is cold, or you can drink a Chamay out of a glass and wonder if anything can taste better than that.

With wine, I want to choose what I like and match it up with the temperature, the occasion, the food, and even the friends that I am sharing the wine with. It is like picking the clothes that I am going to wear that day, it just has to match. But, at the same time, I also might feel like wearing clothes around the house that do not match. That works for me too. If I just want to feel comfortable with my choice, I might pick a heavy Cabernet Sauvignon and just drink it without pairing it up with food. I was just in the mood to drink Cab.



So, when you are matching and pairing your beer or your wine, keep in mind, your mood determines what you really feel like drinking. Don’t just go with the sure thing. Change it up. Drink what you want to drink. It just tastes better that way.
What do I like? I like whites, reds, sparkling and dessert wines and I also like many types of beer. It’s all good!

Tell me what you think! I want to hear from you! Give me your thoughts!

Bon Vin!
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment